Tuesday, October 18, 2011

life

Life.

So we've been traveling every weekend to Alpena so Paul can speak there. I may or may not have mentioned this earlier. This past weekend, Paul wasn't feeling real on top of it. He's been having lots of the seizure activity (non-convulsive). He's exhausted after having one, so to have several in a short period of time totally wipes him out. He slept in the car and we stopped at Turkey Roost on the way up for dinner. He kept falling asleep while eating and actually choked on his food! I'm not sure if it was the seizures that closed off his throat or if he fell asleep and didn't chew his food enough. Either way - it was very scary!

He preached Sunday morning and then slept most of the way home Sunday afternoon. He's been stressing because he isn't able to provide financially like he wants. I keep trying to tell him that I am not bothered by that and that we are in this together. But, he keeps saying that my plan had to been to retire early so I could spend time with my grandkids, and now that can't happen. He blames himself for everything! I just wish I knew how to help him and convince him that I don't blame him and that this is a partnership. God help me to know what to say!

John & Bec are for sure moving. They have had several come see the house and have had a few fill out applications to lease it for 1 year. There are a few young families that have come by, so that would be so nice to have someone like that rent from them. If the one family rents it, they will be moving in 5 days from now! John & Bec will live with us until they move south. That will be nice! :)

Rachel had a job interview that looks pretty promising. When she left the interview, they set her up for a second interview. They talked to her about training and when that would all take place, so it sounds really good! Jacob told her he and God talked about it and she's going to get the job so she doesn't have to worry!

Life goes on ... things happen we can't control ... bad things happen to good people ...  I guess it's more in the way we handle the bad things that happen and the things that we can't control that counts. Everyone has bad things happen to them - everyone has good things happen to them. God, please help me to handle things one day at a time. Help me to not freak out over bad things that happen and things out of my control. Help me to be strong when I need to be strong, and to lean on you in my weakness (which seems more often than not!)

Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment