I'm doing this more for myself than anyone else. In fact, I almost hope no one else reads this. This is straight from my heart (hence the blog name). I'm sure there are days when I'm going to be frustrated, sad, possibly angry...this is my "venting" spot. I'm sure this is going to be pretty random, but that's ok. It's for me, from my heart anyway!
I don't know what to expect from this, but I'm hoping it will be a good therapy for me. I haven't had many places to freely talk through what's going on in our lives. I've always been a private person and have had a hard time sharing with others what's going on inside of me. I was brought up never whining about my problems ... not because it wasn't allowed - we just didn't do that. I grew up with 3 brothers and 3 sisters in a very loving, Christian home. My parents are great - great examples of godly people, of godly parents, godly grandparents. They are my role models and I love them dearly! I'm the youngest of 4 girls and #5 out of 7 kids, so I'm the youngest and middle all at the same time!! We grew up being at church whenever the doors were open - we were one of the first ones there and one of the last ones to leave. I asked Jesus into my heart when I was very young and always have known that He loves me and is there for me.
Paul and I met when we were in 4th grade. He had a dream that we were going to get married and had his sister call me and see if I remembered him. I didn't! Oh well ... that didn't change the course of our future together. The summer before our senior year in high school, we met again at Covenant Cove Camp - we were both counselors. We started dating each other that summer and were engaged the following summer. We were married in November of 1978 and we're still together!! :)
Well, I need to stop for tonight. It's been an emotional day and I don't think I can take going into anything that's going to be emotional tonight!!!
God - I love you and want to serve you better than I have in the past! You're my strength, my comforter, my healer, my support, my everything. Help me to be worthy of You!